Sterling Heights (Mich.)--History--St. Paul Lutheran Church
View from across the street of St. Paul's, a white wooden frame church built in 1901 after lightning burnt down their previous building. Congregation founded in 1875 with members from northern Germany. All services were held in German until 1925. Attempts to save the church building and move it to Dodge Park failed in 1989, and the building was demolished. Was located on the corner of Canal Road and Hayes Road.