St. Patrick's Catholic Church, Demolition Creator
Loutit District Library Subject
St. Patrick's Catholic Church (Grand Haven, Mich.) Subject
Catholic Church -- Michigan -- Grand Haven Subject
Grand Haven (Mich.) -- Church history Item Number
The first Catholic church in the area was built in 1857 in Spring Lake. In 1867, the Grand Haven families were organized into St. Patrickâ€™s parish. Captain Thomas Kirby provided the funds for the first St. Patrickâ€™s Church, erected in 1872 on Fulton Street. A new church was built nearby and dedicated in 1957. This building was demolished in 1964.