Batchellor, Slaaght and Shippey Lumber Mill (Ferrysburg, Mich.)
Lumber trade -- Michigan -- Ferrysburg
This sawmill was built in 1867 by John W. Hopkins and Colonel William Ferry II, then sold to the Chicago firm of Batchellor, Slaght and Shippey. Webster Batchellor and George Shippey became residents of the area. This mill was located in Ferrysburg at the confluence of Spring Lake and the Grand River and was sold to the Grand Haven Lumber Company in 1881.