Photograph of Original Presbyterian Church, Lansing. Located on southwest corner of Washington Avenue and Genesee Street. Built 1852. The first church bell in Lansing resided in it's belfrey in 1856. Occupied by Presbyterians until 1889 when they moved to a new building on the southwest corner of Capitol Avenue and Allegan Street. The First Baptist congregation worshiped in the building from 1892 until 1894 when their building was completed. This church burned in 1897.