Central Fire Station and Fire Equipment, Lansing Creator
James P. Edmonds Institution
Capital Area District Library Subject
Fire engines Subject
Fire houses Subject
Firefighters Michigan Item Number
Photo of the Central Fire Station, Lansing, and some firefighting vehicles. The hand fire engine was purchased in 1858. The first auto pumper, middle, purchased in 1908. The Seagrave, right, purchased in 1925. Officials in the photo were part of the "old" Fire Board from 1908: J.P. Edmonds, L.E. Imes, Ed Smith, John Bohnet, and Hugo Delfs, Chief.