Angled view of Central Fire Station and Fire Equipment, Lansing
James P. Edmonds
Capital Area District Library
Photograph of the Central Fire Station and some of the equipment in 1925, Lansing. At left is the first old hand pumper used to extinquish fires in Lansing, purchased in 1858. It was later sold to the City of Cheyboygan, Michigan. Then purchased for the sum of $45 by J.P. Edmonds who presented it to the museum of Michigan Historical Society. It was stored in the Turner Building on North Turner Street.