Photograph of Benton House, Lansing, with horse drawn carriage passing. Built by Bush, Thomas & Lee, opened in 1848 on the northwest corner of Washington Avenue and Main Street. It was the first brick building erected in Lansing. The hotel later became the Everett House. In 1900 the deteriorated hotel was razed and the property sold to R.E. Olds who built his residence on the site in 1903.