Photograph of Porter and Ford livery in Lansing, Michigan. Located at 300 South Capitol Avenue. Built as a foundry after the Civil War by Stannard and Luther Baker. In 1880, William Porter opened a livery stable that operated until 1908 when the building burned. James Porter built a new building that served as a service station and garage until 1965 when the building was replaced by the Commerce Center Building. It, in turn, became the Cooley Law School Building.