Temporary State Office Building, Lansing Creator
James P. Edmonds Institution
Capital Area District Library Subject
State governments Subject
NULL Item Number
Photograph of temporary state office building, Lansing. Built in 1871 on the corner of Allegan street and Washington Avenue, 85 by 100 feet, to house the state offices while the present capitol building was being erected. Cost $30,694. The last state office was removed as late as 1923, when the building was sold to United Cigar Co., for $404,500. Razed July 30, 1923.