Photograph of steamer "Pickwick" on Grand River, Lansing. One of a line of steamers plying the Grand River in the 1870's between the dam at North Lansing, the Mineral Well House, and Benton Bridge. The steamer line was owned and operated by Captain A. P. Loomis. Other boats of the fleet were the "Sea Bird" and "Minnie Cass." The boats were very popular and could be boarded from a landing at the Michigan Avenue bridge over the Grand River.