Interior view of the Hoose & Eaton Meat Market Institution
Dickinson County Library Subject
Butchers Item Number
Item also published with caption in: Dickinson County, Michigan : from earliest times through the Twenties / compiled and edited by William John Cummings. Iron Mountain, Mich. : Dickinson County Board of Commissioners, 1991. 432 p. : ill, maps, ports. ; 3 Description
Photograph of the Hoose & Eaton Meat Market located at 203 South Stephenson Avenue. Thanksgiving turkeys and hams, sides of beef and venison await customers. In 1892 the firm was called Jay W. Hoose & Co., with Edward H. Eaton being the ""& Co"". By 1895 the men were partners. Thomas Wills, with an ""X"" on his apron later ran this market alone and in partnership with William J. Carbis. Others pictured include (from left) Mrs. Eaton, Edward H. Eaton, Jay W. Hoose and George M. Guest.