Penn Hospital, located at 620 Norway Street, Norway, Michigan Institution
Dickinson County Library Subject
Hospitals Item Number
Item also published with caption in: Dickinson County, Michigan : from earliest times through the Twenties / compiled and edited by William John Cummings. Iron Mountain, Mich. : Dickinson County Board of Commissioners, 1991. 432 p. : ill, maps, ports. ; 3 Description
Photograph of the former Husson House, a three-story hotel that was received as part of a settlement with the United States Steel Corporation, after the Columbia Hospital was damaged due to the ground sinking. In 1909 the Husson House was moved to 620 Norway Street, placed on a new foundation and veneered with brick and became the new Columbia Hospital. In 1913 the hospital was sold to the Penn Iron Mining Company and run as the Penn Hospital until 1946 when it was sold to the City of Norway where it operated until 1960 when the Anderson Memorial Hospital was opened. ""Penn Hospital Norway, Michigan"" is printed on the photograph.