Item also published with caption in: Dickinson County, Michigan : from earliest times through the Twenties / compiled and edited by William John Cummings. Iron Mountain, Mich. : Dickinson County Board of Commissioners, 1991. 432 p. : ill, maps, ports. ; 3
Photograph of Iron Mountain's Hose Company No. 2 Fire Station, a frame structure located at 709 Vulcan Street in 1893. Lee LaLonde was captain in 1913 and may be pictured here with the team and ladder wagon. In 1914 a brick building was constructed at the southeast corner of Vulcan Street and East Main Street to replace this engine house. In 1926 Hose Company No. 2 was consolidated with Hose Company No 1 located in the former city hall building on East Ludington Street.