View of the excavation for a new business at the northeast corner of South Stephenson Avenue and Eas Institution
Dickinson County Library Subject
Construction equipment Item Number
Item also published with caption in: Dickinson County, Michigan : from earliest times through the Twenties / compiled and edited by William John Cummings. Iron Mountain, Mich. : Dickinson County Board of Commissioners, 1991. 432 p. : ill, maps, ports. ; 3 Description
Photograph of the excavation for a $35,000 one-story brick and steel business building at the northeast corner of South Stephenson Avenue and East ""C"" Street in Iron Mountain. Morris and Harry Wolfe of Chicago, sons-in-law of Max A. Cohodes, purchased the site in 1925 from Mrs. L.M. Hanson, whose late husband had operated a livery stable on the property for many years.