Swedish Mission Church, Iron Mountain Institution
Dickinson County Library Subject
Church buildings Item Number
Item also published with caption in: Dickinson County, Michigan : from earliest times through the Twenties / compiled and edited by William John Cummings. Iron Mountain, Mich. : Dickinson County Board of Commissioners, 1991. 432 p. : ill, maps, ports. ; 3 Description
Photograph of Iron Mountain's Swedish Free Missionary Church, better known as the Swedish Mission Church, was founded in August, 1882. This building was purchased by the Swedish Methodist Episcopal Church in 1892. Members of Iron Mountain's Jewish community purchased the church from the Swedish Methodists in 1909 and moved it to the corner of Kimberly Avenue and West ""A"" Street for worship purposes where it remains today.