Williams Album 0 : p. 32 Institution
Calumet Public School Library Subject
Scrapbooks Item Number
Newspaper clippings and notices (1918, 1943, 1945) . Page is hand numbered ""32"". -- Nov. 18, 1918 - Poem by G. Wesley Williams, called The Bugler. -- Feb. 16, 1944 - Obituary of William Mugford of Ahmeek. Came to Calumet, employed with Tamarack Mining company, later by Calumet and Hecla Consolidated Copper company. Surviving: Eldred Mugford, Wendell Mugford, Jack Mugfrord, and Leath Lang. Body will be taken to Hillcrest Mortuary. -- 1945 - Calumet Lodge No. 271 F. & A. M., Harold Tiberg, W. M. , T, W. Allen, Secretary. -- Ruth Rowe, daughter of Mr. And Mrs. John T. Rowe, weds Clayton W. Goodreau of Houghton, son of Mr. And Mrs. Harry L. Goodreau in Grace Methodist Church. Rev . Lewis Keast officiated. Matron of honor was Mrs. Leon K. Adams, best man was R. W. Carlson, ushers were Roy Bettinson, & Charles Bettinson. William J. Rowe sang, reception at Douglass House. Couple will live in Erickson Apartments on Sheldon Avenue. Guests included Mr. and Mrs. William J. Rowe, Mrs. Lewis Keast, Mrs. Albert Andrews, Elizabeth Andrews, Blanche Andrews, and Mrs. Edward Bellenbaum. Bride is graduate of St. Joseph's hospital and groom is employed by Houghton National Bank. -- Nov. 4, 1943 - Obituary of Joseph Rule of Ahmeek. Born in Republic, came to Osceola, surviving: son Clayton Rule, Chester Rule, daughters Mrs. George Jilbert, Mrs. William Morgan, sisters Mrs, Richard Tretheway Mrs. Rich Ernest Stevens, Mrs, Ethel Paul, Mrs. Mabel Boskum and Mrs. Carrie Williams.